Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22, 2008 update

You all must have prayed your guts out well. :) Dad's temperature stayed down. He's scheduled for surgery at noon today. We have a consult with the neurosurgeon before to explain the procedure. We're very happy to finally have things moving forward. The surgery will be a long one. Probably 5-7 hours. All thoughts, prayers, or whatever else this day will surely be accepted by us and by the Lord. So, now we just wait. Hmmm, let me rephrase that. We just continue to wait, but this time with the knowledge that all is being done that is possible to begin the recovery process. Thank you all so much for your patience, love and support.

Cheri & Robin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! We are all praying for you.

Berthelson Family

Anonymous said...

Again, as always, our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you that God guides the surgeon's hands throughout surgery. And that he comforts you all during the rest of the day. Most importantly, that he is with Steve continually throughout.........

Keep us posted.

Love,
John and Nancy

Kristie (Henry) Archibald said...

So happy to see that things are going in the right direction and looking up. Stay strong and laugh, it helps.

Kristie (Henry) Archibald

Jacob said...

D&C101:16
Therefore, let your hearts be comforted …; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.

Steve has been a miracle in so many people’s lives, it’s now his turn to let a miracle be performed in his, he has been one of my greatest examples in so many things, I can’t wait to get him back home so he can help me again.

Mormon 9:10-11
But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are.

I know god still performs miracles today, and I know he loves Steve and has his best interest in mind. The family is in our prayers daily.

Love Jacob & Natalie

Anonymous said...

I spent many, many years on the ambulance, often working with Steve at EMS scenes. I have seen MANY people who were in similar conditions as Steve. Some thought there was no hope left for them. Rehab does wonders. I have seen people in coma's go into Rehab and come out a functional working person. Steve has seen this time and time again, don't let him forget those small miracles, even if he gets discouraged.

I know that Steve is and has been in my prayers since I first heard of his accident. Thank you for being so faithful in updating this blog. I look at it several times a day.

It's great to see your family still have humor to get through.

I love you. But most of all, I love Steve the BEST!

Love, Melody Russell