Monday, April 21, 2008

Update of earlier update

Apparently Dad likes to keep us guessing. His temperature is rising again, but has not reached a fever point. We've heard that surgery will be tomorrow afternoon, but as yet do not have a specific time. We really need this surgery to happen tomorrow, so we'd appreciate it if you'd pray your guts out until it does. That darned temperature needs to stay down!!! We keep telling Dad that, but I think he just likes all the girly attention he's been getting recently. Punk. Thanks for everything.

Robin

P.S. Bill, I think you forgot to put your hearing aid in. I distinctly heard my dad say I was his favorite. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, to set the record straight Bill, Robin and whomever else may have been misinformed... I am actually Dad's favorite -- first born, most loved -- the two just go together automatically. I know I have it in writing somewhere, Dad admitting I'm his favorite and all. I just can't locate it at this time, and considering the state of my house, you'll probably just have to take my word for it. :) But Robin, you were there in Dad's hospital room when I told him to keep his eyes closed if I was his favorite. And what happened? Additional proof!

Just wanted to let everyone know I check the blog three or four or five or fifteen times a day, even when I'm at the hospital with Dad. It's been so great to read all your comments and to see how many people's lives have been touched by Dad. And, to the Carothers family... thanks for your "Heffer Dust" comment. That is such a typical Dad phrase and I've heard it expressed from him in every range of emotion possible! So reading it made it seem as though he was standing right there saying it to me again.

Thank you all for giving us something to look forward to reading each day. -- Wendy

Anonymous said...

will you get over whos the favorite by the way i thought it was scott

love ya
lexi